We specialize in homes built on your lot and in large home renovation projects.
In 1881, company founder John F. Shea established a small plumbing business. From those modest beginnings, his sons and their sons after them, have built J.F. Shea co. into the largest privately held builder in the nation. The company legacy of unbroken family management continues today.In 1994, a fourth generation of Shea's carry on the family tradition and bring Shea Homes to Charlotte, North Carolina. In 2005, the company expanded further, with a new division opening in Raleigh.
With over 4,000 homes built and closed in North and South Carolina, the Shea family has responded to numerous requests by customers and homeowners to do home renovations and custom homes. Every project, big or small, is completed with the same quality and care that we put into our Shea homes. We stand behind our work, just as we have for more than 130 years.
The face of Shea Custom is Charles O'Melveny, a cousin of the Shea's, and someone who likes to get it done right the first time. Our customers tell us time and again that Charlie has a habit of staying in touch regularly, even on weekends, providing updates and answering questions. At the end of every project, customers receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey, which we very much value as we continue to grow.
Why Choose Shea:
- All work comes with a competitive warranty and we are fully bonded and insured.
- We offer everything needed for a project, including the drafting of floorplans, homesite selection, permits, and construction all the way to completion.
- All Trades are licensed and insured, and have a proven track record with us.
- We are a well-known, well-respected builder in the Carolinas, and work hard to maintain that reputation.
- We are backed by a company with a long history, and will be here tomorrow and in 20 years.
- Full Design Studio to help with the selection process, or you may choose your selections from anywhere.
Our Services Include:
- Custom homes on your homesite
- Whole House Renovations
- Bathroom & Kitchen remodels
- Finishing basements and attic space
- Room and floor additions
- Outdoor Living Spaces