Wipe Out Waste, Commerical Drop Off Center
Orange Olive Hair Commercial Drop-Off Center of the Year
Some facts about our invovlement:
- Orange Olive has hosted one of the County’s free recycling drop-off centers since 2011.
- We promote the availability of our recycling facility to the public on a regular basis, distributing flyers to local businesses and attending meetings, such as the NoDa Greenification Teams.
- At Orange Olive, we make sure excess hair is not wasted, participating with Locks of Love and sending in shorter hair remnants to be used to make hair-mats to soak up excess oil from oil spills.
- In the spirit of buying green, we carry an eco-friendly product line and allow customers to bring in old product bottles to be refilled at a 10% discount.
- As a team, our salon participates in an annual fundraiser called Sustainable Beauty Day, which is a partnership with the Fruit Tree Planting Foundation.
- See more at: http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/PI/News/NewsArchives/2013/Pages/Wipe-Out-Waste-Awards.aspx#sthash.Linj2y5z.dpuf